HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:31:09 -0800
Ted links:
> http://india.cnet.com/firstperson/sesame/20001024/

Which contains:

"I've been using 'traditional' languages like Perl, Python and C to get my
work done, and done very well, for ages."

I find it amusing that Perl and Python are now "traditional" languages.
I've also seen several references to "legacy" Java code recently (though the
article above seems to be using Java as an example of a "hypeware"
language).

This is certainly a positive statement for Perl, Python, and Java.  If they
are now so dull that nobody finds them very exciting any more then it must
mean that they have become the kind of stable, reliable tools that the
business computing world is built on.

Boring makes the world go round.

G.