HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:19:52 -0800
It is with the saddest heart I pass on the following:

Please join me in remembering a great icon - the veteran
Pillsbury
spokesman, the Pillsbury Doughboy. He died yesterday of a
yeast infection
and complications from repeated pokes in the belly. The
Doughboy was 71.

Mr. Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects,
including Mrs.
Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty
Crocker, the Hostess
Twinkies, and Captain Crunch.

The gravesite was piled high with flours as longtime friend
Aunt Jemima
delivered the eulogy, describing Doughboy as a man who never
knew how much
he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but
his later life
was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very
"smart" cookie,
wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes.

Despite being a little flaky at times, as a crusty old man
he was considered
a roll model for millions. Toward the end it was thought he
might rise
again, but alas, he was no tart.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, two children,
John Dough, and
Jane Dough. It was especially sad to note that he and his
wife had one in
the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop
Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about twenty minutes

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer

"Unix _is_ user friendly.
It's just very selective about who its friends are.
And sometimes even best friends have fights."