SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2000

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:01:06 +1100
Kat and Huw, together or not, in perfect harmony or not, wrote, inter alia:

>Huw (who is sitting right beside me) and I are in Krabi and have spent the
>day on some fantastic beaches.

Nothing better than an Oz beach. I continuously fail to understand why
Aussies (as distinct from Poms, 'Merkins and others) would want to savour
beaches such as on Bali when ours are so much better.

Let me hasten to add that Bali has a LOT of other things going for it
however, and sadly, most Aussies don't seem to appreciate those other advantages.

> We're going to rock up at the dock and grovel for a last-minute standby cash discount, but no breath being held.  The Similan islands are supposed to be pretty good (right?).  Mergui in Burma also, but sadly that would be a long way beyond our meager combined budget! :-)
>
> Anyone have any advice for good day diving we could do round Phuket/Phi Phi if plan 'A' doesn't work?

Hello? I know that Bjorn hasn't been exactly central to this list lately
but, gee, I _would_ have thought?

And then Bjorn wrote:
(snips)

> Shark Point, Anemone Reef and the wreck of the King Cruiser are musts.
> One of Asia's most authoritative diving correspondents has done a series
> on these sites, which can be found at
>
> http://www.zingasia.com/channel/morearticles/1,,0-91-0-0-0-0-
> 200011109960002 0578,00.html

Damn, the trials and tribulations of getting the digest. :-)

Cheers,

Christian