SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2000

From:
Huw Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:59:50 -0500
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:26:37 +1100, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<snip>
>An Ozzie invention that was taken up by Uwatec and marketed as the
>"Neverlost", it's a neat little unit consisting of a small sonar buoy and a
>hand-held receiver that guides the diver back to a vessel.

Now THAT sounds like no fun at all! <bwg>

>  Supposed to have
>a range of 300-metres it's been loaned to me to run a test on this week-
end.

If anyone can break it, you can! :-)

>The manufacturer wondered why I fell over laughing when he asked me to try
>it.  "Me?  Need a device to navigate my way back to a boat?  That's an
>insult."  I nearly said - with an image of me trying to board the wrong
dive
>boat still fresh in my mind!  :-)

Verrrrry teeny question - what happens if two boats both have one of these
doo-dahs attached to them? :-)

>I'll let you know how it goes next week - assuming that I find my way back
>OK!  :-)

I'm worried about you now I'm not there to lead you in the right direction!
<vvvbwg>

Cheers,
Huw
--
"A wise diver will refrain from written descriptions of his experiences"
- William Beebe