HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 5

From:
Steve Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:04:45 -0500
Can anyone give me a hint on this one?

We're trying to automate moving files from a Sun box to our 3000. We can move the files, but activating a process on the 3000 using telnet is giving us a problem.

Here is the circumstance:
- interactively, we are able to telnet to the 3000, do the hello command and start a command file on the 3000
- using a batch process on the Sun system, it does connect and then immediately 'Connection closed by foreign host.' is displayed

My Unix/Sun gurus say that the 3000 is obviously terminating the connection because it senses that the telnet process is running from a batch file on the Unix side. My reply includes one of George Carlin's seven words you cannot say on television,but...

Can anyone help me with this?

Steve Hammond
AAMC
2450 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037

1715 Mayfair Place
Crofton, MD 21114

410-721-5236 home
301-261-6079 home (DC line)
202-828-0448 office
202-828-1123 fax
202-439-5392 cellular

I never thought I'd have this many phone numbers!!