HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:55:13 +0100
Another story I heard, was someone figured out a way
to send a Control-A "SHUTDOWN" followed by
a carriage return via the TELLOP command,
which was why HP made the modification.

Either that or it was some other nasty command that
put the console in Classic maintenance mode via
TELLOP.

(And yes, Control-G is NOT an escape sequence, it's an ASCII character.)

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors