HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:18:57 EDT
I just wrote:

> Yes, that's true. And for that I apologize.
>
>  I didn't know that HP had actually fixed the date problem in BASIC/V. The
> Y2K fix probably rode with Release 40, which appeared after we had moved
off
>  of the Classics, and thus which we never received, nor did I ask for it.
>
>  If someone who has version 26 would care to upload it our machine, I will
>  immediately move it over to the distribution point.

Well, that certainly didn't take long. I received the newest copies of BASIC
and BASICOMP just five minutes after I posted the first message. Versions 26
of both BASIC and BASICOMP are now ready for re-retrieval.

Let me apologize again for the confusion and my ignorance that a newer
version existed, but if you have previously downloaded BASIC, you will
probably want to do it again. To date, in just two days, I estimate that
approximately 150 people have downloaded BASIC. Free obviously has a quality
all its own :-).

I have also noticed that the PDF files for the BASIC Pocket Guide are not as
clean as they could be. I will try and clean those up in the next several
days so that you can get a prettier printout.

Wirt Atmar