HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Russ Rino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Rino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:29:46 -0700
Here's one for everybody. Have a good week-end!

                                                AND SO ON!

During taxi, the crew of a US Air departure flight from LaGuardia to Ft.
Lauderdale, made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. The
irate ground controller (a female) lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming
"US AIR 2771, WHERE ARE YOU GOING? I TOLD YOU TO TURN RIGHT ON "CHARLIE"
TAXIWAY; YOU TURNED RIGHT ON "DELTA." STOP RIGHT THERE. I KNOW IT'S
DIFFICULT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN Cs AND Ds, BUT GET IT RIGHT!!!"

Continuing her lashing to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting
hysterically, "GOD, YOU'VE SCREWED EVERYTHING UP; IT'LL TAKE FOREVER TO SORT
THIS OUT. YOU STAY RIGHT THERE AND DON'T MOVE UNTIL I TELL YOU TO. YOU CAN
EXPECT PROGRESSIVE TAXI INSTRUCTIONS IN ABOUT A HALF HOUR, AND I WANT YOU TO
GO EXACTLY WHERE I TELL YOU , WHEN I TELL YOU, AND HOW I TELL YOU! YOU GOT
THAT, US AIR 2771??!!"

The humbled crew responded, "Yes, Ma'am."

Naturally, the "Ground Control" frequency went terribly silent after the
verbal bashing of US Air Flight 2771. No one wanted to engage the irate
ground controller in her current state. Tension in every cockpit at LGA was
running high. Shortly after the controller finished her heated admonishment
of the US Air crew, an unknown pilot broke the silence and asked, "Wasn't I
married to you once???"

Russ Rino