HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:53:22 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Larry Barnes,
> Ted,
>
> What do you mean about cleaning MTX viruses off your campus?   This concerns
> me greatly because we have a division called MTX which produces audio amps
> and speakers not viruses.
>
> Please advise.

You might check on what those folks do in their spare time . . .

Seriously, the virus we had is fairly well described in

  http://www.datafellows.com/v-descs/mtx.htm

The clean up has run about 20 minutes to half-an-hour for a typical machine
(though a few have been much longer), Norton has a standalone cleaner available
via the web and I'm willing to give more detailed instructions if someone out
there does face it.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
A good preparation takes longer than the delivery.