HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 2

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:07:28 -0400
Sorry, but Oracle is *not* an Open system by any reasonable definition!

I can forgive those that forget NT is proprietary, but Oracle definately
is.

Image/sql also conforms to SQL standards, even if a tad older than
Oracle's conformance.  The SQL standard is the only thing meaningfully
open.

Richard

--
Richard L Gambrell
Senior Information Technology Consultant