HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 2

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:10:19 -0700
In the past, before my time, we have created users who are given the
"OP" capability so they can view spoolfiles.  These users logon as
themselves and certain reports they request (thru menus) logon as a job
with a default user called "printer".  The "OP" cap gives them the
ability to see when their spoolfiles are ready, and to either print them
or copy them to a disc file for exporting into a spreadsheet.
The problem is when you give a user "OP" they can view all spoolfiles in
all accounts, plus do other damage.
My question is, is there a capability on the system that will allow a
user to view all spoolfiles in their logon account with out giving them
"OP" or "AM" capability?

--
Larry Barnes
Director of I.T.