HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 2

From:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:23:29 -0700
Ron,

I've never done actual performance comparisons in terms of buffer size, the
rule of thumb would probably be, the lower the buffer size the greater the
number
of disc reads that would occur.

As with any performance issue, and it's not clear if you have one or what it
is, :)
the answer is always, it depends. :)

I suspect that you would have more luck trying different value of prefetch
and
seeing how it impacts performance than buffer size.

What sort of problem are you having?

Neil Armstrong