HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 2

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:31:02 -0700
Simona asks:

> configuration information: MPE/iX 6.5, egcs-2.91.57

The ld.ccg script that is used in earlier MPE GCC ports includes a number of
non-optimal kludges which will cause various problems when trying to do more
complicated things with GCC.

If you upgrade to the currently available 2.95.2 version
(http://jazz.external.hp.com), you'll find that ld.ccg is no longer used,
and there is now a /usr/local/bin/ld (which is an actual program rather than
a script) which tries to do the right things when linking.

The linking processes for GCC on the 3000 is still evolving as we learn
about the best ways of handling things like mixes of shared and static MPE
and GCC XL/.sl libraries, cross-language procedure calls between traditional
MPE languages and GCC C and C++, etc., so there are probably yet places
where you may encounter problems when you try to do fancier stuff, but we're
working through these issues as we come across them.

G.

www.gccsupport.com