HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
DeLisa DeVee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DeLisa DeVee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:18:21 -0700
We  need to limit certain users to one session.  We are exceeding our
session limit for our software application (MACS). Are HP users license
is not a problem.  If we could limit specific user one session  it would
eliminate our problem.  We are using operating system 5.5.7.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I found the below job at
http://www.denkor.com/hp3000/command_files/XEQs/onelogon.txt

Can someone explain to me exactly what this job would do or offer any
possible solution to our problem?

# onelogon.xeq - Paul H. Christidis
#
# when used within an 'option logon' udc, this routine will
# prevent more than one logon per user/account combination.

if hpjobtype = "S" then
  setvar __oldmsgfence hpmsgfence
  setvar hpmsgfence 2
  tell !hpjobname,!hpuser.!hpaccount Someone is using your signon.
  if cierror <> 1620  then
    echo * Duplicate logons are not allowed..
    bye
  endif
  setvar hpmsgfence __oldmsgfence
  deletevar __oldmsgfence