HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Glenn Koster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Koster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:45:28 -0500
[Sorry if this is a duplicate posting, but my email server returned the
original post as undeliverable, so I thought I would submit it again...]

Alfredo responded to a very high compliment by saying...

> Thank you, Steve, but I believe that this is a job that only HP can do.
>
> Yes, I know that I have dedicated the top half or Adager's web site at
> http://www.adager.com to the HP e3000, MPE/iX, and IMAGE.  If you click
> on the owl, you will see even more material related to the HP e3000
> (as well as to HP3000-L :-)
>
> But that is about the most I can do without offending HP corporate
> managers...

I think my original posting missed it's mark.  I clearly stated that "[the
position] should be supported by a consortium of developers, consultants,
resellers, HP and INTEREX.".  I would never have suggested that it be done
without HP.  HP has a solid background in working with other companies to
deal with the HP e3000 (such as Client Systems).  I hesitated in suggesting
making it a part of Client Systems (although that idea did cross my mind
because Client Systems main focus in on the seller side - not necessarily
the end-customer or developer).

However, HP has a myriad of complex systems to deal with and a diverse
product line.  It is impossible at times for a company the size of
Hewlett-Packard to be able to hear (at the level that it needs to be heard
at) the voices of the customers of any one product line without a single
champion of the cause interfacing between both HP and the customer base.
Since HP has so many product lines to deal with and would have a difficult
time staying objective, I was thinking that the champion should be "one of
the masses".

Glenn J. Koster, Sr.
Quintessential School Systems
Developers of QWEBS (www.qss.com)
QWEBS - The Next Generation - coming soon to an HP e3000 near you...