HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 08:19:16 -0700
Cynthia,

Thanks for your post; we're getting ready to go to 6.0 pp2.  We don't have
'Personalized System Support', but your info re 26 patches will be handy;
maybe we'll need some of them.

This doesn't SOLVE your qedit-inside-mpex problem, but iirc works a lot
better anyway:

Put "SET EXTPROG MAIN.PUB.VESOFT COM ON" in your QEDITMGR.PUB.SYS, after
which prefixing a command with "%" invokes mpex.  Now you're using Qedit's
redo list, etc; mpex is suspended for fast reactivate, etc.  (And even if
still you want to do Qedit inside MPEX, the SET EXTPROG thing won't hurt.)
Try it, you'll see many bennies, most of which I've long taken for granted.

Tracy Pierce