HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:32:31 -0600
Hi John,

>Thanks, this helps.
>
>You did not say why I would find a job/session indicated as "dead" when
>(after viewing the LISTFILE results) that job/session was still "alive".

It is likely that a process rather than the entire job/session was dead. Of
course the code simply assumes "dead" to be the cause of any failure
to acquire information about a process. So that's another possibility, the
code failed to get the needed data but the cause was really not that the
process, job or session had terminated, it may simply have been in some
temporary state which prevented getting it at that moment.

>Any plans to put your info into the documentation?

I have filed enhancement request JAGad32657 on your behalf requesting
that these LISTFILE indicators be documented and/or improved to be
more intuitive and useful.

Best Regards,

Bill Cadier
HP/CSY