HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Jon Backus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:25:54 -0400
Cortlandt,

        Your thoughts pretty well sum up my reasons for starting Tech Group
University.  I am passionate about the HP3000 and MPE;  I am a third party
focused on the topic of training; and I want to bring down costs and explore
all avenues of teaching.  Besides, I also want to take these classes from
some of the greatest MPE minds going :)

        I think the trick at this point is to convince long standing weary MPE
users that quality education (and certification) are here and they are here
to stay.  So, they should start making it a part of their mindset.  It
should start working it's way into budgets, and schedules, and priorities.
Like you indicated, there are fixed costs to creating and putting on
training classes.  The more students that come out the less it will have to
cost per student to cover these expenses --- and the price goes done for
everybody.  It really is a snowball effect and I'm here to through the first
one :)

Thanx,
  Jonathan (Jon) M. Backus ~ President
  Tech Group University ~ 15 Catawba Place ~ Hagerstown, MD ~ 21742-6515
  Email: [log in to unmask] ~ AIM: JMBackus
  Vmail: 301.714.1854 ~ Fmail: 301.714.1854