HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sellitto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:13:17 -0400
First, thanks to all who responded (even the 'hairball' theory, and
'catnip' - provided a much-needed laugh!)

Ran HOWMESSY - there are definitely some MASTERs which should be expanded,
but the problem seems to be worse than that.

With no databases open, just the console and my terminal signed on as
MANAGER.SYS, the system is still running very slowly.  To add to my
concern, we're getting system error messages when printing: Printer storage
manager; an error was reported from a lower level subsystem - Printer
Storage Manager message 13

Also, 'An unclassified software problem occured - Low Level I/O message  249'

Native Mode Spooler message 9511, (and msg 9547)

Also, Storage Management SIO undefined function FILE SYSTEM ERROR -6001)

etc...

Tried restart (from disk first - no change in speed; still getting spooler
errors)

Tried UPDATE from my CSLT - hangs the system.

HP SUPPORT - HELP! (Call placed)

Thanks again to all,
Connie

Connie Sellitto