HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:54:07 +0100
Greg, you wrote :

[snip]
> To my way of thinking, rather than a shoot-out type contest, these
> independent benchmarks are somewhat harder evidence of what a box can do
> reproducibly under ideal circumstances.
[snip]
> So, I would love to see a favorable independent benchmark for the 3000,
> preferably one that has something to do with data!

Yes. I have read a thread about benchmarks and the difficulty of
applying them. That was why I felt that some kind of publicity "event"
would be more likely to generate the required result. On further
reflection, bearing in mind that the hardware for the HP3000 is
identical to the HP9000, the challenge would have to focus, somehow, on
the operating system and database to prove a point. Hmmm, I don't seem
to be getting very far with this. Oh well, I guess it's back to the
regular programming.

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]       "If at first you don't succeed...
Web : http://www.hp3000links.com       Don't take up sky-diving !"
"All your HP3000 resources on the Net"
(Mirror: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~jdunlop/index1.htm)