HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:50:24 -0700
Tracy writes:
> The survey breaks after 8 pages of often meaningless questions, such as
> "Which is better, e3000 or Windows NT?".

It tried to do this to me, but I found that the browser's <BACK> button
followed by pressing <NEXT> button caused it to appear to recover.

You do *not* want to see the posting I was contemplating sending if this
didn't work :-)

To have one of these surveys bomb after 30 minutes of thoughtful answering
of endless questions is, shall we say, frustrating.

Another thing I've seen is that many of these surveys are very poorly
implemented to the point that multiple choice questions will *default* to
some answer if you decline to answer them.  This is easy to do with bad web
forms programming, and completely invalidates and statistical value in the
survey.

G.