SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 01:33:24 -0400
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:10:06 -0500, Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>CAIV02NEDfest - June 8-15, 2002 - #1

That date rings a bell!  Sue's birthday is within that week.  DOUBLE
celebration for us.  See below about champagne and wine.  :-)

>You might ask 'Why is this trip booked so far in advance?'  …and the
>answer would be that the CAIV whole-boat bookings are all taken until
>then!  That says something very special about the quality of the diving
>and the popularity of this boat.

Actually, I had a hard time finding a cabin for just Sue and me in
the summer months of 2001 !!  Most of the Cayman charters are FULLY
BOOKED a year or more in advance.  But we barely managed, to squeak
in our 2001 booking several months ago, to keep our annual streak
alive.  :-)

>The Coz99NEDfest in June of 99 [ http://www.austintele.com/nedfest/ ]
>was a rousing success that left me with many great memories of dives and
>drink and swapped stories with good friends that now infest Scuba-SE.

Nah, I ain't gonna chomp on the bait (last phrase of last line).  :-)

Check out Crusty's webpage on our miniCAIV99NEDfest (a month before
the Coz99NEDfest) in which we previewed Crusty's "Cheating Death at
Every Breath" Official Cos99NEDfest T-shirt.

I think Crusty had such a large number of surplus on those T-shirts
that they can be "edited" (?) (over-printed?) to make it the
CAIV02NEDfest shirts as well.  :-)

>CHARTER INCLUDES:  accommodations aboard the vessel, diving, compressed
>air tanks, weights & weight belts, airport transfers on day of arrival
>and departure,  all meals and snacks, non-alcoholic and a variety of
>alcoholic beverages (beer and wine)

Liquor also -- though that's not generally advertised.

>and passengers are allowed to bring
>champagne or bottles of Chateau Rothschild for all to share.  :-)

A bottle of 1961 Chateau Rothschild is a DEFINITE MAYBE.  :-)
Cannot think of a better occasion to consume (taste) that sucker,
unless a better occasion comes up before June 2002.  <BG>

>Aggressor will accommodate most special dietary requests.

But don't bother to ask for Tim-Tams or Vegemite.

>Unfortunately I cannot take credit cards, but personal checks (made out
>to Russ Berger) or money orders will be OK.  …or cash-with-proper-ID

You mean cash with Bill/Monica pictures on them?  I didn't know you
accept those!!  I would have paid you those in $3 and $8 denominations.
I've got plenty of them!   :-)

>Cancellation Policy:
>If a cancellation is made:

You berth will be given FREE to:  1. Sylvia  2. Strike ... in that
order <G> and anyone else who wanna sign up on the wait-for-dropout
list.  :-)

>If you are interested in making this trip, let me know

I am, I am!

>Best regards,
>Russ

Crusty, I didn't know you're such an accomplished travel agent and
accountant (whether you've played them on TV or not).  :-)

Thanks for stick you neck out for this bunch of SE-infesters.
(I couldn't resist the bait afterall) :o)

-- Bob.