SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:10:06 -0500
CAIV02NEDfest - June 8-15, 2002 - #1

It's time to start planning another NEDfest.  Who wants to go diving on
the Cayman Aggressor IV?  The boat's already half full with your
friends.

The Aggressor Fleet has received our deposit and confirmed our
reservations for the entire boat for our Scuba-SE CAIV02NEDfest group on
the week of 6/8/2002 from Saturday to Saturday...that's June 8th - 15th,
2002.  If you're interested in meeting up with some of your fellow list
members to share some great diving, read on.

You might ask 'Why is this trip booked so far in advance?'  …and the
answer would be that the CAIV whole-boat bookings are all taken until
then!  That says something very special about the quality of the diving
and the popularity of this boat.  In any case, the long lead-time will
give us all plenty of time to pay for the trip out of the spare change
that we find between the cushions on the couch.  :-)

The Coz99NEDfest in June of 99 [ http://www.austintele.com/nedfest/ ]
was a rousing success that left me with many great memories of dives and
drink and swapped stories with good friends that now infest Scuba-SE.
Well, it's time to do it all again with the CAIV02NEDfest trip.
Although I am not a travel agent (nor do I play one on television), I
made a personal commitment to this charter trip to assure that we would
have the whole boat to ourselves, which in my experience makes for a
much more enjoyable trip.

Several people have already signed up for the CAIV02NEDfest trip.  Those
who have reserved their place with a deposit are Don Ward, Bob (Feeesh)
and Sue Ling, Viv (Krazy Kiwi), Kuty, Michael Doelle, and Crusty's Crew
+ 1 (me, Elisa, Danna, and Lauren from the BVI).  The boat holds 18
passengers so that only leaves room for 8 more adventuresome souls.

The cost for the CAIV portion of our 2002 trip is $1995 per individual
x16 to get the total cost for 18 passengers.  In essence, we get two
'free' spots for whole-boat booking.  The savings for the two 'free
spots' will be divided equally among the group.  So, the dive part of
the trip's cost will be $1773.33 each.

If you are a multi-trip/year Aggressor traveler in 2002 (like Bob and
Sue will likely be), there will be an additional individual Aggressor
discount available to those who qualify.  In any case, I will maintain
complete records of all money collected and expended for all to see.

Please note that airfare to and from Grand Cayman is not included in the
$1,773.33 price.  Nor are any land-based accommodations, excursions, and
meals on either end of the trip.  These will be extra and the
responsibility of each individual.  The last night on the boat is spent
in-port and dinner is also not included, so I propose that we plan a
group dinner in a nice local restaurant to cap the trip.

CHARTER INCLUDES:  accommodations aboard the vessel, diving, compressed
air tanks, weights & weight belts, airport transfers on day of arrival
and departure,  all meals and snacks, non-alcoholic and a variety of
alcoholic beverages (beer and wine) and passengers are allowed to bring
champagne or bottles of Chateau Rothschild for all to share.  :-)
Aggressor will accommodate most special dietary requests.

CHARTER DOES NOT INCLUDE:  airfare, insurance, equipment rentals, nitrox
fills (nitrox is available on-board for a small extra charge),
certification or specialty courses, hotel stays or day rooms, dinner on
final evening, crew gratuity, government taxes or park fees (when
applicable).

A 33% deposit ($585.20) in US dollars per person will be required to
reserve space on the trip.  Statements will be sent out to confirm all
payments.  Please send me your physical address and/or post office
address along with your deposit so I can send you a statement of your
trip account along with a packet containing brochures and information
describing the features of our boat and the trip,

I will be depositing all our individual payments into an account for
safe keeping to be used for lump sum distribution to Aggressor Fleet
according to the contract schedule that I have committed to with them.
Unfortunately I cannot take credit cards, but personal checks (made out
to Russ Berger) or money orders will be OK.  …or cash-with-proper-ID
:-)   (seriously, don't send cash).

Payment Schedule:
$585.20  deposit to hold your place and select a cabin assignment.  (I
will be pleased to email you a jpg file of the CAIV's cabin layout)
$1,188.13  balance due (2/8/2002) 120 days before departure.
$1,773.33  total due for CAIV reservation

Cancellation Policy:
If a cancellation is made:
a.  121 days prior to departure, 20% of the individual charter rate is
forfeited.
b.  120 - 90 days prior to departure, 33% of the individual charter rate
is forfeited.
c.  90 days or less prior to departure, no refund is available.
All cancellations must be in writing.

Booking Terms:
- After a deposit is received, all revisions are subject to a $50
handling fee.
- For all bookings requiring expedited document delivery, services will
be billed at cost.
- No checks will be accepted for payment within 60 days of the charter.

The post mark date of the initial deposits will determine selection of
rooms on a first-pay first-selection basis.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for this trip right
now!  After we all patiently wait for a year and a half until our
CAIV02NEDfest adventure on June 8th 2002, we should be fully prepared to
share a great trip together.  I welcome any Ideas or suggestions that
can help to make this trip run more smoothly and assure great time for
everyone.

If you are interested in making this trip, let me know and I'll send you
mailing instructions for the deposit along with all my contact
information.  When responding to the list, please don't quote the entire
message.

Best regards,
Russ
[log in to unmask]    email