SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:12:21 -0400
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 07:46:45 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>And as for turning the > myrmidon's into
>> > microlipets!) :-)
>
>A myrmidon is a devoted follower or server who obeys commands without
>question and the microlipet is one who gets all worked up about trivial
>things - like being called 'clueless'!  :-)

How he added 'whining' as a "strike" definition, and added other crap
to modified all the MISTAKES he has made (which as barring me from a
rebuttal).

The trouble with Nick's rule is NOT that a list owner doesn't have the
right to impose rules of conduct.  It's the MANNER in which he has made
the whole thing rules for kindergarten kids playing in a sandbox, and
Nick can make and change rules on the fly.

He can make patches to silly rules the rest of his life and it will not
make the CENSORSHIP rules any better.

>And while on that whole topic:
>
>Interestingly, I note that there's no code of conduct as regards dispensing
>unsafe or potentially dangerous information!!  One 'clueless newbie', ( to
>diving.  And somebody who's also subscribed to this list), who believes
that
>anyone failing to comply with  arbitrary rules of behaviour, as regards
>language, should be suspended from the list, has no qualms about posting
>equipment configuration advice, (described as a 'cool trick'!), that could
>kill somebody!
>
>So!  Dispensing advice that might, conceivably, lead to a fatality is OK!
>But call that same person "clueless" and it's a 'strike' against
>you??????????  :-)
>
>Strike

And while we are on the subject of WHINING, Nick whined to the
[log in to unmask] about how I violated Yahoo rules by using such
words as "clueless", how I "threaten" Scuba-Lers, etc.

So I wrote a reply to Nick, cc to the [log in to unmask], telling
them in no uncertain terms that Nick was the one who should be
admonished for harassing me with such frivolous and groundless
complaint.

I didn't hear from the Yahoo Postmaster about Nick's complaint.
On the other hand, I received a reply from the [log in to unmask]
advising me that there are different ways I can block (filter)
further email from Nick Simicich.  :-)  And if he persists, I can
send my complaint to [log in to unmask]

I DID, on Nick's 2nd try, and I added [log in to unmask] to my reply
as well, as my COUNTER-COMPLAINT against Nick the Clueless and
Whining list manager!

-- Bob.