SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:43:05 -0400
On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:13:30 -0500, Chuck Hopf <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I never would have believed that a bowling ball could maintain neutral
>bouyancy.  But I have seen it.  El Mero Gordo and I were all by ourselves
>(the other divers booked had met Montezuma and as usual Montezuma won.)

Actually El Mero Gordo (Fat Grouper Pasqual) has lost a good bit of
weight so he is only a Burr fish now.  He was about 4 ft tall and nearly
as wide, but don't let that hydrodynamic shape of a puffer fool you.
As you can see, he can leave Chuck huffing and puffing in his wake.  :-)

Viz
>was sort of sucky (LT 50 feet) but we dove Punta Tunich and Tormentos.  I
>was beginning to think Bob had given me  a bum steer cause first thing in
>the water he took off upcurrent (and the current is REALLY cooking).  Had
>really bust ass to keep up

Too much cerveca XX will do that to you every time!  :o)

>Things are returning to normal (if 4 cruise ships is normal.)

It's quarter normal.  I've heard the max no. on SOME DAY is 16 now.

-- Bob.