SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 07:52:42 -0400
Reef Fish wrote:

> This is NOT the first time I've DEFENDED Aldora -- I was the FIRST
> in rec.scuba to defend Aldora when the tank-rust incident broke out,
> that they should be given time TO RESPOND before being convicted by
> a mob in a kangaroo court!

I don't know if you were the first I saw, but I remember the incident and
your advice to wait for the response well.  I don't have your experience
with Aldora or other Coz operators, but I was most unimpressed with the
their initial reaction to the rust incident.  Combined with the tanks they
use, their reputation for operator managed diving and the reported need to
have or convert to DIN to use their service took them off my list of
operators I'm most likely to use.  On the other hand, reports of improved
quality control has led me to mention them to those who seem to desire a
larger air supply and more closely supervised diving.

> On or before 10/16, I'll be a Chattanoogan with a house AND an
> apartment in Choo Choo, either of which will be suitable for more
> RUM tasting by Brotha' Jeff. or mini-RUM-of-beer NEDfest with anyone,
> the rest of the year.

Congratulations.

> Y'all are invited to drop in when I am not in foreign country.  :-)

Heck, that's not much of an invitatation.  You're always in some foreign
country, well almost always. 8^)

Lee