SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:02:13 -0400
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:41:35 -0500, Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

A very accurate synopsis.  :-)

>I really think
>Nick is just pissed because his health will no longer allow him to dive so
>he's taken to slapping his heavy hand around instead.
>
>Mike

I must offer you a second opinion, Dr. Wallace, to your diagnosis.

If you go back to the START of the RFD thread, you'll note that in spite
of his under-the-table sessions with Hugh before the initial post (the
conspiracy), Nick acted admirably well and properly, expressing that he
wanted opinion/votes and even when the tide turned against what they
planned (nobody wanted to censor anyone), Nick even admitted that
probably nothing would of the RFD, and acted moderately and properly.

The voice of the voting majority has been heard.

It was only a day or so before the "Tuesday massacre" that Nick turned
ugly (out of frustration of the continuing tide against his idea of
censorship) that he slapped his heavy hand.

Given this "non-medical history", Nick's health did not turn in a day
or two (except perhaps his mental health).  He had NOT been diving for
months (if not YEARS) because of his poor physical health.  So, his
health and the fact that he could no longer dive could not reasonably
be ascribed to be the CAUSE of his bizarre behavior within a period of
about TWO days prior to May 23.

The rest is what gamblers might call pressing a losing streak, which
has been known to be a winning strategy.

-- Bob.