SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 07:22:24 -0500
David Strike wrote:

> > Right you are.  When I was leading groups ("moonshining as a DM" :-)  )
>
> Kuty!  I always thought 'moonshine' was the stuff that they drank out in
> Mike's neck of the woods! :-)

At least in the U.S., you are correct Strike.  Moonshine is home made
liquor, usually untaxed and illegal.  Sometimes very dangerous because of
the sloppy method that have been used for distilling it by some.  Good
moonshine is quite a treat.  Moonshine that has been distilled in radiators
or other sources of lead (from the solder) can literally cause permanent
blindness or worse.

Here in the States, the term Kuty should have used is close, it's
Moonlighting, meaning taking on a side job, usually one not authorized or
even known by one's primary employer.

Lee