SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:02:12 -0400
Strike wrote:
>>And tonight - in about four more hours when the Olympic closing ceremony
>>takes place and an F-11 aircraft flies in and takes out the Olympic flame
>>with a rocket attack, (I may have misread that part in the newspaper..

and Andy replied with:
>I think you will find that is an F-111 that will probably do a 'dump &
>burn'; this is jettisonning fuel through a nozzle at the rear between the
>jet outlets and firing up the afterburners- this results in a most
>spectacular display - probably the worlds most expensive firework (besides
>Concorde :-)

Ya were right :-) A spectacular fireball that looked like a comet shot over
the stadium. With that & all the fireworks shooting off left, right &
centre Sydney was certainly hotted up for action :-))

Talking of *action* ;-) I wonder how true the newsflash was that a certain
country's athletes had used up their share of the 10,000 or so condoms,
that were allocated to the teams on entry in to the village, TWO days
BEFORE the games ended. Energetic lil bunnies werent they <BWG>
Viv