SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:47:43 -0400
On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:24:29 +1000, David Strike wrote in response to Huw:

>>>Garn, Mate!  Tell us all about them!  :-)
>
>>Ya had to be there!  (which means, I wouldn't have *dared* reach
>>for a camera ;-) but they make slipping into a semi-dry a breeze,
>>apparently :-))
>
>My imagination is better than any camera!  :-)  (Viv'd probably beat
>me severely around the ears for just what goes on in my mind!) :-)

Yes she would, SOUNDLY!! But, she knows you'd enjoy it too much ;-)

>>>Huw! Thanks for another great report - and look forward to meeting
>>>up with you again in Cairns in about a month's time. :-)

Well I finally got rid of my guests last night <BWG>  Typical tourists ...
I had to drag them outa bed to get them motivated to do something ;-) Nah!
Tuesday night took them both along to our UW camera club slide night to
watch an audio visual on diving in Truk Lagoon. That certainly blew
Natsuko's mind away as she has never dived anywhere other than OZ - she got
her ticket here. MADE Huw present some of his excellent land shots at the
camera clubs Show & Tell session. He won a pack of slide film for his
efforts as we draw a name out of the hat & make that person pick the best
slide for the night - A beaut sanddune shot.
Wed - Sat got them organised for a trip up to Kalbarri & the Pinnacles ..
unfortunately weather wasnt on their side then but atleast they didnt get
the rain that bucketed down in Perth.
As I think Huw has some potential as a wide-angle landscape photographer
Sunday we chuffed off to the WA Museum to check out the 1999 BBC Wildlife
Photographer of the Year highly commended, runner-up & winning shots. That
certainly opened Huw's eyes. Sadly the UW section was a bit disappointing
.. we all agreed that the winning shot was poor.
Last night we dined on Japanese & then I dropped Huw off at the Greyhound
depot .. let them say their goodbyes in private ;-)), then zapped down the
freeway to ensure Natsuko was on time for her flight back to Japan.
My cat Fluffy is certainly missing them as he was lapping up all the extra
attention.

>>Strike! I'm looking forward immensely to the grand finale of my
>>trip round the island.  See you in Cairns!
>
>I'll be in Cairns on the afternoon of the 1st of the Nov. through to
>the 13th. I want to make sure that you actually leave the country!:-)
>
>This means that we should be able to do a few day-trip dives to the
>GBR's outer edge prior to the 'rest of the gang' turning up for the
>liveaboard trip. I've got a few 'business' meetings to attend - which
>'ll probably mean looking at boats and fings - and you're welcome to
>come along.  (Official photographer?)  :-)

I will fax your details up to Huw just incase he doesnt get time to log on
to the internet at the dive shop. In exactly 10 minutes Huw will be in
Coral Bay for 2 nights. Even though its the peak holiday season up north
because of the school holidays I managed to find him some accommodation,
which he doesnt know about yet, but he will when the Backpacker Manager
starts calling out for a crazy Pom :-))

Then he's off to Exmouth, then joining a 4wd tour through the Kimberley's,
up to Darwin, down to Alice, then Uluru (Ayers rock) before he flies to
Cairns on the 30th.

>Give Viv a big hug for me - and see you in Cairns.  :-)

Thanks for the hug matie ;-)) Cyber one back to ya :-)
Will catch up on wots going down on the list now Ive got time .. ciao matie
Viv