SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2000

From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:38:17 +0100
Hi all,
Some of you may remember I had, what I thought was
a minor DCI hit, on Sun 13th August, after dives which were not
thought to be provocative.   I did my time in the chamber,
was told not to dive again for 6 weeks and then last Sunday,
8th Oct., 7 weeks later I did a very gentle, totally problem-free
dive, using Nitrox 32%, to 20m for 25 mins including the safety
5 min stop at 5m.

  Unfortunately, <sob> 45mins after the dive the same numbness
 I had felt before returned and it resulted once again in a table 6
in the Millport chamber.

And I have been warned "NO MORE DIVING EVER"
You guys and galls will know how I felt - clinical depression
is setting in! :-(
BUT.................
 I had already been scheduled for a PFO test and this took
 place yesterday and to-day.   For those of you  in the know,
I was given both a colour contrast and a bubble contrast
echo cardiogram and both proved <yippee> to be negative.
I do NOT have a PFO!

Now this is my question for the NED.
"No diving EVER?"
 OK so I'm no spring chicken - and that in itself probably
 contributed to the problem.
And I know, deep down, that I _should_ stop for safety's sake.
But the thought is breaking my heart.........

I've already told a cuppla you guys and have been given
 great support and sensible advice.
I wonder what the rest of you think.
Has this got to be the end?
Carol