HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 5

From:
Jeff Neathery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:45:49 -0600
Well put!!

"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]> on 09/29/2000 03:33:19 PM

Please respond to "F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:    (bcc: Jeff Neathery/CCMG/CVG)

Subject:  Re: The Future of the 3000

Steve Ellis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Nick Demos wrote:
>
>>  The other question is "Where do you find a champion with all
>>  the skills listed above?
>
>Oh, finding one is easy. The *hard* part will be convincing Alfredo to give
>up ADAGER and become a "public servant".
>
>;{)  Steve

Thank you, Steve, but I believe that this is a job that only HP can do.

Yes, I know that I have dedicated the top half or Adager's web site at
http://www.adager.com to the HP e3000, MPE/iX, and IMAGE.  If you click
on the owl, you will see even more material related to the HP e3000
(as well as to HP3000-L :-)

But that is about the most I can do without offending HP corporate
managers...

The HP e3000 is, after all, HP's own baby.  If they don't want their
own baby, perhaps it would be wise for them to give it up for adoption
to loving parents who would help it blossom.  No amount of therapy
will convert dysfunctional parents into loving parents.  No amount of
cajoling will make them change their "love them and leave them (but
don't leave them before fully milking them)" attitude.

Who would, willingly and knowingly, volunteer for this "cajoling
therapist" position?

Not me :-)

I am happy to have my own babies.  I give them tender loving care and
they fill me with happiness.  What else can I ask for?
--

|            r  |  Alfredo                     [log in to unmask]
|          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
|        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego
|      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.