HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 5

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:19:27 -0700
<rant>
It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one having issues with WRQ these
days. The company used to be much saner to deal with in the old days. There
pricing model is out to lunch. I'm trying to find a way or reason to do
business with them but it's getting hard.

Let me give you a for instance..
The base price on the Java version of reflection is $105 a unit. I like the
concept of one version for all platforms. On the Mac it slow and buggy. I
won't force this product because I wouldn't use it myself.

The base price of the Mac product with ns/vt is $450 a unit. The will give
it to me at there absolutely best price of $260 a unit if I buy today. If
they were actively developing the product and giving me some kind of future
with it, I would pay that. But it's a dead product.

Now with Minisoft any of there products cost the same no matter which
version you buy. In the quantity I need to add it only $155 a copy.

I've even proposed paying for the Java product and switching to it once it
is usable in our environment. But they will not agree to it. What are they
afraid of?

We also have a dispute about the number of licensed copies of the software.
I just haven't had the time to go looking through the microfiche to find the
old invoices. But if I buy the product today they will give me the 20
disputed copies. I just love being blackmailed.
</rant>

Thanks for letting me vent.
-Lane