HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Ronald R Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ronald R Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:16:04 -0500
One thing that you have to be careful of is if you have made changes and do a
reboot, rather than DOIONOW.  The file that DOIONOW uses, that SYSGEN creates,
gets appended to.

To give an example.  Say someone has added some devices and doesn't feel good
about activating the changes online.  So, they reboot the system and the
additional devices are active on your system.  Now you come in and do some
more device adds.  The file that SYSGEN created the first time is still out
there with the commands to add the devices that were created by the reboot.
So now you run DOIONOW.  Errors appear because you try to add devices that
already exist on your system.

Print a copy of DOIONOW.  It's just a command file, after all.  There is a
reference to a file LOG4ONLN.PUB.SYS.  This is the file that SYSGEN creates
and appends to.  Purge this file before doing any device changes.  Then only
the changes that you want are acted on.

Talk to you .... Later!!

--
Ron Horner