HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
"Bob J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob J.
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:26:27 -0400
Rather than just unlock one parm you should clear the drive's
non-volatile (battery backed) RAM to reset all values to default.
Since you already have the top cover off, look above the battery for
an unmarked test point at the board edge above the battery or
one marked "CLNVR" - depending on the rev of the boards. Short
this point to signal ground (which is marked by a downward arrow)
with a straightened paper clip and power up the drive. When the
display says "FAIL 0" you have cold-started the drive. Remove the
jumper, put the cover back on and re-power up the drive. First thing
to do is run TEST 99 at both densities to recalibrate and save
auto-gains.
Your drive should be ready to configure ID at this point.

                            Bob J. -- Ideal Computer Services
                            http://www.icsgroup.com