HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:53:04 +0200
Ted asks :-

"Neil Harvey, could you give us a quick summary how you succeeded in no
longer having to defend the platform?"

Well, it's not too quick, but here goes.

We used to spend 45 minutes of the one hour sales cycle defending the
platform against misguided IT bigotry ;)

We moved to an ASP (application service provider) model. We sell our
software, as always, and bundle in the hardware and support required to make
it run.
We have two basic flavours:-
1) Application Software and Software support
2) Above plus Hardware, Operating system and Support

Our model 2 includes the provision and maintenance of ALL the hardware and
software required to run our solution successfully - i.e. from Desktops
through to Servers (MPE/iX and NT), all network stuff etc.

Our software is Health Care Administration software, and our customers
measure their efficiency and size on a per insured family and dependant
basis, so we charge accordingly - a per member per month fee.

This focuses us on growing the client's capacity to increase membership,
while reducing the IT required to achieve and sustain this growth.

The HPe3000 and MPE/iX are perfectly suited to this model.
And, since (under model 2) we provide ALL IT required we have full control
over the network, desktop and NT platforms (HP Vectras and Netservers,
usually), we have a great deal of control over the overall efficiency of the
platforms, and so availability of our application software.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Neil