HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:43:46 -0400
Richard Gambrell wrote:
>In watching the w3c, I've been surprised at how few improvements later
>html versions had in forms or even line drawing capabilities, both
>which could easily be improved without introducing sessions or
>statefulness.  Line drawing could greatly reduce the need to transmit
>images.  Just look at how much better QCTerm's forms look than
>anything the web can do without a java applet (and most java applets
>I've seen as well).

I am very excited about QCTerm.  The closest thing that the W3C has come to
it is Scalable Vector Graphics.  It gives you the line and font
presentation, but QCTerm gives you that basic yet very powerful screen
handling.  I've only briefly looked at the XForms spec, but it still suffers
from the same issues with state that are not a problem with QCTerm.

Mark Wonsil
4M Enterprises, Inc.