HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:51:55 -0700
Johnson Joshua wrote:

> 1) If you are using ALLBASE/SQL what are you using it for and what
> problems/limitations if any have affected you.

we have a large allbase database running our ordering application.  for the most
part, it sits there quietly doing it's job.  i'd say our biggest problem is
trying to find a qualified dba -- it's nontrivial.

> 3) What tools are available that will move data from a TurboImage database
> to an ALLBASE database? I am particularly interested in something that will
> do this on the fly. I have some ideas for this but, any additional ideas
> would be great.

leetech has a new product called 'door' that sounds like it might do the job for
you....

> If anyone out there has created a data warehouse on the 3000 I am interested
> in hearing how you did this.

is it jennie hou or alvina nishimoto from csy that have a data warehouse
solution all built around image?  that might be worth investigating.
- d

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer