HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Damian Sobieralski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:58:37 -0400
> MPE FILE ERROR -248 RETURNED BY FOPEN ON DBG

 FYI- I called HP and here was the problem/fix:

  Apparently (with the caveat that I am not very versed on HP file system
  and T/I permissions)  the first time a turboimage database gets a
  dbopen() call it creates a XXXgb file and automatically purges this file when
  the last dbclose() happens. Well, for some reason this file got created
  with an ACD (listf XXXgb,4).  We are not sure why but suspect it might
  have been due to the capacity changes that happened the other night.
  Anyways, we had our users last night all log off so the database would be
  free of connections, this file got auto purged and recreated with no ACDS.

  Thanks to all who emailed.  I am not 100% sure how or what an ACDS is, so
  if anyone can share knowledge on this my learning experience will be
  complete. :)