HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:06:12 -0700
Chuck Ryan wrote:

> For those of you that went to HP World:
>
> In an earlier thread I asked if there was any new, non-posix, development
> for the 3000 underway at CSY that did more than just keep up with growing
> resource requirements or support for new hardware released by HP. Mark Bixby
> responded with "I'll leave any announcements for the appropriate people to
> make at HPWorld".
>
> So, did anyone hear anything interesting?

Speaking only about Internet & Interoperability things, the following items
were either released shortly before HPWorld or were announced at HPWorld:

1) A beta upgrade of the FOS Apache web server to 1.3.9

2) A beta release of mod_jserv Java servlets for use with Apache 1.3.9 or
WebWise

3) A Samba upgrade to 2.0.3 is now available via a beta patch that will GR soon

4) The RSA BSAFE SSL-C toolkit is now available for download from jazz

5) BASIC/V was added to the Shared Source program

6) SNMP was added to the Shared Source program

7) Selected portions of MPE source can be made available to customers wishing
to implement some of the top SIB items

8) CSY is now selling software online at www.software.hp.com with the WebWise
Secure Web Server as the initial product

I was unable to attend all of the MPE sessions that I wanted to due to
conflicts with booth duty and other commitments, so there may have been
additional announcements of which I am not aware.

- Mark B.