HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Steve Almes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:50:07 -0700
Does anyone know of some way to easily create/modify these files and if
there are any restrictions on them?  I'm trying to print to a dot matrix
printer from a 947SX, connected by a 300X JetDirect print server.  I found
the way to print the files by using FCOPY, and it looks like it thinks it's
a post-script printer (and no, that's not in my "global" setup in NPCONFIG)
because it's putting those escape sequences at the top.  How can I make a
file that has the correct setup string at the top, or, can I just create an
empty file and use that if I just want to print raw ASCII characters?

Also, I'm moving to 6.5 soon - are there any changes to this system under
the new OS?

Thanks a ton,

Steve Almes
Practice Management Systems, Inc.