HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 2

From:
B T Vikram Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B T Vikram Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:16:36 +0530
Hi,

Initially, dynamic expansion was available only to details. It was called DDX.
However, currently IMAGE, supports dynamic expansion of master sets as well.
We call it MDX. This feature can be enabled during schema definition, by
specifying initia capacity, maximum capacity and increment. This feature can
be enabled individually for any sets in the database. See
http://docs.hp.com:80/dynaweb/smpe/b1019/5ab/@Generic__BookView/2672 and
http://docs.hp.com:80/dynaweb/smpe/b1019/5ab/@Generic__BookView/2922 for
details.
For existing databases, I believe, this feature can be enabled through tools
like Adager and Dbgeneral.
Regarding to performance, it really depends on how the expansion is
configured: Too many expansions in small increments or few expansions in big
increments

Hope this helps

regards,
Vikram