HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 2

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:54:10 +0100
Bruce Toback wrote :

[snip]
> This is a situation tailor-made for [plug your ears, Gavin] XML.
> I presume that it's easy to generate an XML encapsulation of the data
> at your end (which it is if all the information is computer-generated),
> and since the customer obviously has some clever (or rather,
> Microsoft-immersed) web programmers at their end, they can just as easily
> decode it. You can then offer automated delivery of quality data to all your customers.

Bruce,

Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't what you are suggesting require the
website owners to recode their sites with XML?

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]       "If at first you don't succeed...
Web : http://www.hp3000links.com       Don't take up sky-diving !"
"All your HP3000 resources on the Net"
(Mirror: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~jdunlop/index1.htm)