HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 2

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 10:01:50 -0400
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> You just want a message before the login prompt; yes, unix has had
> that for a very long time.  I agree, that is very worthwhile and
> should be easy. I can't break much, either, since the prompt itself
> is already configurable, just not a long enough string and you
> can't change it on the fly (can you?).

We have a freeware utility on our web site LPRESET (Logon Prompt reset) that
allows you to change the logon prompt on the fly. The area MPE reserves for
the logon prompt is 255 bytes. Our utility allows you to utilize all 255
bytes, including multi-line output.

Go to http://www.beechglen.com and click on FREEWARE.

Doug.

Doug Werth                             Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                               Cincinnati, Ohio