HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:12:23 -0400
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]> asks:

> I am trying to understand how a UPS and the UPS Monitor works. I have a
> situation where the lights flicker the UPS puts a message along the lines
> of Ldev22 reports loss of AC input, puts out low battery warnings then 15
> minutes later halts the system. Rest of the building still has power.
>
> Is the monitor configurable. Are there any docs about it anywhere.
> Basically how does/should it work, or in this case not.

I, also, would be interested in these items.  If anyone has any info, please
post to the list or copy me as well.  HP doesn't seem to be too interested
in the UPS's anymore, having sloughed off the support to a third-party...

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   10513 Freedom Street
  Web: http://www.tolwire.com  Garrettsville, Ohio  44231