HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Mike Church <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:25:23 -0400
Jan is right, you shouldn't have any problems.

But, if you are using DNS (domain name services, ties the system name to the
IP address) running on NT or Unix, you may want to make a change to the
table/settings to reflect the change.

For your VT-MGR connections, if you are not using DNS, you may need to
change the host file on each/all PCs running  Windows to reflect the change
to the new IP address.

If you are moving to another physical location, and you will be placed
behind a new router, you will need to check the routers routing table to
insure the new address is there.

Remember to check the number of "hops" from your system to the remote
routers too.

Of course, any telnet or fpt processes running form other systems to you e3k
will need to be changed as well.

JCL on your e3k should be okay in most cases (uses system config's IP
address).

Also, check your hosts.net.sys file on your remote e3k systems (works just
like a host file on the pc).

If you are doing any network printing to your e3k (NT, Unix, Novell, et al,
a print queue defined on a remote server directing printing to a printer
defined on the e3k), you will have to check the print queer's setup on those
remote system

Just my humble opinion,

Let me know if I was way off base, or close.

From the US, have a great labour day weekend...

mc

Mike Church
Technical Support Manager
Information Services
Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
Saint Christopher Drive
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
-----------------------------------
Phone : (606)833-3727
Pager : (606)327-0965
  Fax : (606)833-3342
Alternate e-mail : [log in to unmask]
MY URL: http://members.tripod.com/mike_church/
  OLBH: http://www.olbh.com
Daily Quote: Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their
own hearts. - Albert Einstein