HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:45:13 -0700
Hi Cortlandt,

Cortlandt Wilson wrote:

> Mark,
>
> <Are you trying to build Java Servlets from source, or are you
> using the CSY
> mod_jserv binary beta available from:
>
>         http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/jserv/ >
>
> By "from source" I assume you mean compiling the JServ
> software from the C language source code?   I am compiling the
> Java servets on the '3000 with
> /usr/local/java/latest/bin/PA-RISC/green_threads/javac.
>
> Also:
> XEQ /usr/local/java/latest/bin/PA-RISC/green_threads/java
> '-version'
> No Floating-Point coprocessor, disabling JIT
> java version "JDK 1.2.2"
> Classic VM (build A.22.01 built on 01/17/00 @ 10:26, green
> threads, HP)
>
> I was told that the machine I am on just had MPE/iX 6.5
> installed on it so I assumed the Java code came from the FOS
> tape they used.   I am double checking this.

Hmmm, according to http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/java/index.html, 6.5 should
have shipped with JDK1.2, not 1.2.2.

> Should I download the latest version from Jazz and re-install
> Java?

But yet you seem to already have 1.2.2 on your machine.

> FYI
> I looked for a link to http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/jserv/
> on Jazz but I couldn't find one.   I wouldn't have found the
> jserv URL unless you gave it to me.

The jserv beta is mention in the News & Events section of the Apache home page
at http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/apache/index.html.

I've changed the Apache home page link text on the jazz home page to mention
the Apache 1.3.9 and mod_jserv betas.

> http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/java/jdks/betas.html
> says that:
>
> "Beta Releases
>
> There are no beta releases currently available for download"

Which is a true statement because it is only referring to JDK betas.

Jazz is technically under a content freeze right now due to conversion to the
new HP corporate SNF2 web standards.  Sometime after HPWorld we'll try to get
various related web pages on jazz to better cross-link to each other.

- Mark B.