HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Curtis Cappell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:01:26 -0400
Thanks all for your responses so far.  And now for some more details.  I
wasn't sure if HP3000-L was the appropriate location for this as it delves
into 3rd party software and SRN IRIS.

As I said, this only appears to be occurring in Master sets.  IE. SAM-ID-MST
in SAMDB has 28589 entries according to QUERY Form Sets (and Datanow),
however when I search through the set using Datanow doing a "Find All" @
wildcard, I get this result:

FIND RULE? (RETURN=DONE): @
PLEASE WAIT...NM FIND PROCESSOR (v990209A)
ENTRIES: 28589   READ: 28484   FOUND: 28484

The number read is less than the number of entries.  This is also impacting
our SRN software as I can pull up a student in APPLY but when I attempt to
roll the student to RIM by selecting on their ID, I get 0 records found.

This morning I went into OMNIUTIL, turned off TPI for all our SRN databases,
removed all indexes (option 1 then 5), streamed the DBIN and DBIX jobs for
each database, and turned on TPI again with no change in behavior.  I also
noticed this result in our SAMDBIX job:

  DS76004.3.04  Omnidex IMS   DBINSTAL   Fri Sep  1 2000 07:50:09
  (C) Dynamic Information Systems Corp.  1981

  Data base name: SAMDB

  Cmd: B
  Table [;key] SAM-ID-MST

  Unloading keywords
  SAM-ID-MST: 28484 records (304,864 keywords) processed

Even the Omnidex re-index job isn't reading all the records!  To top it all
off, our BiTech databases are experiencing similiar problems, yet they
aren't even Omnidex enabled.  I can find a particular Master set record
using an IMAGE KEYED find in Datanow, but if I do a $SERIAL read, it doesn't
find it.

Any thoughts, ideas, voodoo cures would be appreciated.

Curt Cappell
Jacksonville University

--------