HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:25:53 -0600
At  01:50 PM 9/7/00, Murry Bryant wrote:
>      Has anyone out there had experience with an HP product calledSRC/ix.
>      Client has requested that I check it out and possibly purchase and U
>      install if fesiable.  Would like to know pros and cons and any
>      installation headaches.

I think that's the version control system I'm used to calling "HPSRC".  (If
not, then the rest of this is just wandering lost in the woods.  :)

I've used HPSRC and found it pretty good (but personally have never
installed it new).  It's not the best version control system I've ever
used, but it's a lot better than some homemade ones I've found myself
having to use.  Bottom line:  It's not perfect, but it's certainly useful.

These days I use CVS on unix machines a lot and am pretty happy with it. (I
understand CVS is bundled with the GnuCore stuff that Mark Klein has ported
to MPE, though I've never used CVS on MPE.  If I were trying to set up a
new source management system on MPE today, I'd set up CVS and see how well
I could make that work.  But if that didn't seem practical for whatever
reason, I'd fall back to HPSRC or one of the third party systems (there
still are some available, aren't there?).

--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask] (preferred)