HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Rich Rankin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:36:48 -0700
After Ms. Bridges-Fowler and after Mr. Rosenblatt:
(SNIP)
> As Ms. Bridges-Fowler points out, application developers see
> the HP e3000 as
> a dead end. We must bring this to everyone at HP's attention.
> HP can not be
> allowed to hide behind what they have had in the past. They can not be
> allowed to be content with what they are have now. They must
> be shown that
> the future is not looking that bright. They can trot out all
> the success
> stories they want, AMISYS, Open Skies, ManMan, Smith Gardner, Mitchell
> Humphries et al, it is not enough.
>
> We can add all the bells and whistles we want to the O/S but without
> applications to run on the platform what good are they?
(SNIP)

And this is why I will be working at moving to [gulp] Unix and Oracle!
Without the confidence that MPE/iX is going to be around for the foreseeable
future, those that make the decisions are not comfortable!

Rich
** My comments are my own and not my employers! **